Good Times

Monday, February 4, 2013

Date-night at Rendezvous Crossfit

Today was extra special at Rendezvous Crossfit because my beast-mode husband decided to join and take classes with me three days a week. As I lay here flat on my back, I'm still reeling from today's WOD.
Coach Meg joined Nick and I today for our workout and her husband, also named Nick, coached.
The workout:
Warm up:
3 rounds of five-
Box jumps
Wall balls
Kettle ball swings.
Tabata: (cardio) Wall-balls:
8 rounds of 20 seconds, as many as you can do, for time.10 sec rest between sets. I threw 8 every round! (I was very happy!)
Strength: Split-jerk 4,3,2,1,1,1 adding weight each round. Nick blew this event away, he is so damn strong, I think his last rep was 205 lbs! Crazy. Mine was like 45lbs. I think Coach Meg wants to make sure I have form down before we start adding heavy weight. On my third set i forgot to push my chin back a d slammed the bar against my chin that i bit down on my tongue. Not exactly there yet..soon though.

WOD-Workout of the Day:
NASTY NATALIE:
25 weighted lunges...(22.2lbs)
25 box jumps
25 kettle ball swings
25 sumo-something-or-others...(lifts of kettle ball to chin)
25 ring dips ( I used purple band, my nemesis!)
25 sit ups
25 jumping squats for time.
My time was 11:55...but I had several modifications, like shorter box, lighter kettle ball, band on rings. Nicks time 12:05 no modifications. On his first day, no less! Can we say beast-mode! I'm loving that Nick joined...date night 3x a week at the 'ole Rendezvous box. :)

We both were uber exhausted when we got home, but somehow I managed to make Spaghetti squash for dinner. So delicious.
In the future I'm thinking crock-pot on Crossfit nights, starting Wednesday. I just think life will be that much easier to come home and dinner is ready.

On a fun note, Nick and I are driving to Casper next Saturday to support Coach Meg and her team in a real Crossfit competition. I'm so excited, should be really awesome to watch and extremely motivational. Can't wait.
Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment