Good Times

Monday, February 11, 2013

One month (and one day)

Last Friday marked my one month anniversary doing Crossfit and it feels great! One thing I've noticed about Crossfit is that every time I go, I get a complete understanding of how freaking weak I am, but this fact only pushes me harder! I am determined to master the Kipping pull-up by time for the Bahamas. That gives me six weeks. 18 more classes! Ahhh, will it be enough?
For Valentines, Nick and I bought each other a pull-up bar that Nick made from pipe and installed in the garage. Now I can practice at home. My poor hands are toast.
All month I have been using the black resistance band for my pull-ups, but today Coach Meg made me run through a couple of the bands to really find a band that challenged me. I went past the black, past the green and into the blue! It is a skinny little string-like band, proof that I am in fact getting stronger. I ordered a blue band and an even skinnier and final red band online, so I can practice at home. 30 pull-ups when I wake up and thirty push-ups, and repeat both before bed. Six weeks. I know I can do it. Six weeks.
Nick and I have just been taking a snap shot of the board after class, so much easier to log. Cheers.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment